A “Very Narrow Aisle Racking” layout, reduces aisles, typically by about 40%, utilizing specialized reach trucks. VNA layouts are ideal for where space is expensive & has a good ceiling height.
By allowing VNA fork lift trucks to operate in aisles, up to half the width required in conventional adjustable beam pallet racking, Very narrow aisle racking makes excellent use of floor space and maximizes the height at which goods can be stacked.
They are also useful where there are insufficient pick slots at ground level. In such cases, a man-up order picker truck can be used for elevated order picking on both sides of the aisle.
- All pallets are accessible to the lift truck.
- Ideal for slow and medium movers.
- Maximum flexibility – if slots are assigned randomly, as soon as one is empty, it can be filled.
- Minimum doubling of storage capacity.
- Fewer picking errors.
- Improved turnaround times, leading to better customer service.